Bromley Town Bowling Club – Club Tournaments.
1. Club Championship: singles tournament to 21 shots, open entry. Lady’s George Ford Championship
2. Hospital Cup: singles tournament, scoring 4,3,2,1 for shots within 1yd. to 100 points, open entry. Lady’s Harvey Cup
3. Centenary Competition: singles tournament to 21 shots, entry limited to players who have not played in a singles final on finals day in the past 5 years or won the centenary competition. Ladies entry also.
4. Nominated Pairs: pairs tournament with a partner of your choice of 21 ends.
5. Drawn Pairs: pairs competition with partners drawn at random from strength lists of 21 ends. Lady’s Wright Cup
6. Veterans Cup: singles tournament to 21 shots for players over 65 years of age.
7. Turner Cup: mixed pairs tournament drawn at random from strength lists of 18 ends (21 ends in the final).
All played on a play by date system throughout the season with the final on finals day with the trophy presented at the annual dinner.
8. Sperring Cup: four wood singles tournament.
9. Kurn Cup: two wood singles tournament. (Lady’s Shipley Cup)
10. Cowling Cup: triples tournament drawn at random from strength lists.
11.John Fisk Trophy: mixed triples tournament drawn at random from strength lists.
12.Presidents Day (mixed) drawn at random form strength lists
All one day tournaments with the trophy presented at the annual dinner.
Stan Grace Trophy: aggregate competition open to Men and Ladies, played on Friday afternoons, best six scores to count.
Opening Day and Closing Day: arranged according to the number on the day.
Bank Holiday Mixed Triples: drawn at random from strength lists, names put on availability sheet. Two half day and one full day.
BTBC Ladies: fun afternoon of mixed teams from availability sheets.
Ladies Day: mixed match from numbers on availability lists, followed by a meal for the ladies served by the men in thanks for their work.
Captains Day (Lady Captains, Lady Presidents Day): matches arranged from availability lists.
Charity Day: mixed match with two bowlers and two health club members for a day tournament.
Inter Club Triples: one evening tournament between us, Bromley, Bromley Common (?) and South Hill Woods Bowling Clubs with one triple playing at each club.
LX league: local area league for 4 triples of players over 60 (LX) years of age, played on Tuesday or Wednesday each week.
NW Kent League: weekly (Thursday) league with promotion and relegation. Two triples/team. We have 2 teams, one in Division 2 and one in Division 8. Teams are picked from availability sheets. .
Finals Day: finals of the club competitions arranged. Spectators welcome followed by a buffet meal in the clubhouse.
Winter: four indoor matches played against local clubs with mixed teams picked from availability sheets.
Club Sundays: turn up and play fun days.
External Competitions: Private Entry Via The Club.
Kents: knockout competitions for singles and unbadged singles, pairs, triples and fours all of your own choice, played on specific days Mon: singles ( for badged and unbadged players ), Tues: pairs, Wed: unbadged singles, Thurs: triples, Fri: fours. Played in the local Division 1 area against other clubs on a weekly basis to area finals, then county finals. If you reach the county finals you can make yourself available to play for Kent and on playing your first game are presented with your Kent badge. Lady’s similar but subtly different.
Bowlers Hospitals Amenity Fund (B.H.A.F.) Competition: part charity local competitions for singles, pairs, mixed pairs, triples and fours with teams of your own choice. Less formal than the Kents but a good introduction.
External Competitions: Club Entry.
1. National Two Fours: as it says picked for strongest teams.
2. Bert Cox: county two fours knockout competition played one at home, one away as above picked for strongest team.
3. BB and DBA: ( Beckenham, Bromley and District Bowling Association) knockout competitions of singles (club champion), pairs (club champions), triples and fours picked for spread of players. Also Triples League consisting of 2 triples played over four Friday nights against local clubs with knockout semi and final. Picked for spread of players
4. Jubilee Cup: knockout fours, local area competition arranged by Beckenham Bowling Club and picked for spread of players
5. Ron Ault Trophy: knockout LX competition, spread.
6. NW Kent KO Cup: as league but ko. strong.